Monday, December 8, 2014

RitA Ep 1 - "For Belgium" a WWI story by J.J. Bell

The first story in the Reading in the Attic Podcast, is "For Belgium" by J.J. Bell.  It was first published in The Strand in the summer of 1915. And, as I mention in the podcast, I so loved one of the original illustrations by Dudley Tennant, that I adapted it for use in the header of my writing blog, The Daring Novelist.  (I also used that illustration as inspiration for an incident in my serial story -- The  Misplaced Hero -- although the young lady in that story is less in need of assistance.)

Download the episode directly from the Internet Archive: Reading In the Attic, Episode 1 - "For Belgium. (29 minutes)

Subscribe via iTunes.

Or you can listen right here:



I hope you enjoy it.

(The manual subscription link for those who want to use their own apps and such, is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ReadingInTheAtticPodcast  )

See you in the funny papers

No comments:

Post a Comment